This document sets out the privacy statement of Globe Technical Services Limited, trading as GlobeTech, company number 277495 whose registered address is at First Floor, Unit I, Building 6500, Cork Airport Business Park, Cork, Ireland and its subsidiary companies.
GlobeTech is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
GlobeTech have an up-to-date entry under the data protection register.
This privacy statement is incorporated into and subject to the GlobeTech website terms and conditions.
GlobeTech may change this statement from time to time by updating this page.
What We Collect
The types of personal information collected and stored by GlobeTech might include your name, job title, date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number and fax number, demographic information, such as postal address, preferences and interests and ticket information (to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation (the “DPA”).
GlobeTech may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
• any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to GlobeTech to register on its website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from GlobeTech;
• during any transaction with us; and
• any other data which you provide to GlobeTech when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
GlobeTech may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following purposes:
• administering your website account and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, and transactions with us;
• responding to any enquiry you make;
• subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding GlobeTech’s services (in all formats to which you have consented eg post, email, text); and
• for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the website and other services and developing GlobeTech’s marketing plans.
GlobeTech may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) as follows:
• if you have given your consent for GlobeTech to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
• to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by GlobeTech to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
• to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure GlobeTech’s compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
• to any relevant authority or third party requiring GlobeTech to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting offensive material on an GlobeTech website; and
• to any individual making a subject information request to GlobeTech.
In processing your information in accordance with the above, GlobeTech may (to the extent permitted by the DPA) send it outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). GlobeTech will take all reasonable steps to ensure that in such circumstances your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement but your attention is drawn to the fact that the laws of countries outside the EEA may provide lesser protection to your information than Ireland. When you submit your personal information to GlobeTech you consent to the transfer of your information outside the EEA unless you specifically indicate otherwise.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
GLOBETECH does not sell, share or transfer this information except as set out in this privacy statement.
We use up-to-date industry procedures to keep personal data as safe and secure as possible and to protect against loss, unauthorised disclosure or access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The DPA gives you the right to access details that we hold about you. A small fee may be payable in respect of any access request.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address specified below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
As GLOBETECH continues to develop its business, GLOBETECH might decide to sell its business or assets. In such transactions, your information is generally amongst the transferred business assets. In the event of any such sale (which may be to an entity which is outside the EEA), GLOBETECH may need to send your information to such entity, who may continue to use the same.
When you submit your information to GLOBETECH via this website and by using this website, you are giving your consent to the transfer of your information to such parties in these circumstances.
If you have any comments or queries in connection with this privacy statement, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at:
Globe Technical Services Limited
First Floor, Unit 1 Building 6500,